Stroke: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Management with Expert Consult, 5e (STROKE, PATHOPHYS,DIAG AND MANAGEMENT)
First published in 1986 under the editorial direction of Dr. Henry J.M. Barnett, Stroke: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Management continues to provide the dependable, current answers you need to effectively combat the increasing incidence of this disease. Dr. J.P. Mohr, together with new associate editors Philip A. Wolf, James C. Grotta, Michael A. Moskowitz, Marc Mayberg, and Rüdiger von Kummer as well as a multitude of expert contributors from around the world, offer you updated and expanded coverage of mechanisms of action of commonly used drugs, neuronal angiogenesis and stem cells, basic mechanisms of spasm and hemorrhage, prevention of stroke, genetics/predisposing risk factors, and much more, equipping you to understand the latest scientific discoveries and make effective use of the newest approaches to diagnosis and treatment. Plus, a new organization and new full-color images make diagnosis easier and more efficient, and full-text online access at www.expertconsult.com allows you to rapidly search this indispensable reference from any computer.
- Gain fresh perspectives and up-to-date insights from the world's leading authorities on the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of stroke.
- Access the comprehensive, expert clinical guidance you need to recognize the clinical manifestations of stroke, use the latest laboratory and imaging studies to arrive at a diagnosis, and generate an effective medical and surgical treatment plan.
- Make efficient and accurate diagnoses with the aid of abundant full-color CT images and pathology slides.
- Stay up to date on hot topics such as mechanisms of action of commonly used drugs, neuronal angiogenesis and stem cells, basic mechanisms of spasm and hemorrhage, prevention of stroke, genetics/predisposing risk factors, and much more.
- Search the complete text online at www.expertconsult.com to quickly find the answers you need, download images, and follow links to PubMed abstracts for most references.
Combat the increasing prevalence of stroke with the most comprehensive and updated multimedia resource on the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of stroke from leading authority Dr. Mohr.